Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Deer Season is upon us

I helped a friend set up a ground blind and tree stand for the deer hunting season this year. The typical season for me is as follows. September; I'm all excited as I drop my fifty bucks on my permit and stamps. October; something happens that takes up all of my time and attention (usually work) and I miss the early pre-rut and tell myself I'll be there for some November rut action. November; The yard is a disaster and every weekend is spent raking tons of leaves from our Oak ad Maple trees plus cleaning out the garage for the winter. December; shotgun season is upon me and I'm hoping to get out at least twice. The snow falls in torrents and I never seem to find the time between snow blowing, both kids being home and just plain old crappy weather.
January; I start promising myself I'll make the time the following season and really get out there.

This has been my hunting season for the last three years and this year is shaping up to be pretty much the same way... <>.

No comments:

Post a Comment